This is like traditional Greek hummus, but in this recipe, red peppers are added.
If you’re unable to find tahini, check out this page to learn how to make it–it’s very simple!
- 1-2 clove garlic – pressed
- ½ cup red peppers, diced
- 19oz can garbanzo beans (keep some liquid)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- Drain garbanzo beans leaving a little juice to use
- In a mixer, combined everything, including liquid, except peppers.
- Mix until smooth paste
- Add red peppers and pulsate for a few seconds
- Transfer to bowl - salt to taste