Below are the plugins we use.
You’ll need a few FREE plugins that will help your food blog, make it run more efficiently, help it show up in search engines, and protect it.
- WordPress SEO – SEO is so important for search engines. This plugin does it all for you. It’s perfect.
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin – It shows other recipes at the bottom of each post to help keep visitors on your site and show them other fantastic recipes.
- Google XML Sitemaps – Helps show Google and other search engines all your pages and posts.
- Easy Recipe – This is a must! Does all the recipe formatting for you so your recipe and food pics will show up correctly in search engines.
- Akismet – Stop spam. The best plugin around.
- Better WP Security – Protect your WordPress site from hackers.
- *VaultPress – Backup your WordPress blog. Done in the background so you don’t need to worry. Anything happens, and you can restore your site. *cost $5/month – recommended.