This juicy baked lamb dish is a simple option for a wholesome and flavorful dinner. Lamb is a staple protein in Greek cuisine and has tenderness and flavor that cannot be beat. When paired with your favorite herbs and spices, baked lamb ignites an aroma that fills your house and heart with happiness. What is especially wonderful about this particular recipe is that you can substitute any of the herbs mentioned with some of your favorites. You can replace one earthy herb, like oregano, with another like thyme or rosemary. Both are just as good and give you the option to get creative with your palate.
It is also important to mention that adding a side of steamed vegetables covered in fresh butter, baked or boiled potatoes, or even a cold orzo salad can make this dish part of a delectable and wholesome meal. If there were one last zest you could possibly add to such a wonderful dinner, it would be lemon. Never fear adding a little lemon juice to any part of your meal. It will only make it more Greek.
- 4 lamb chops, about 1 pound.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove and extra fat from lamb
- In bowl, combine salt, pepper, and oregano and mix
- Take mixture and spread it all over meat (or add lamb to bowl of mixture)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a baking pan, add olive oil, lemon juice, and ½ cup water
- Bake until lamb is cooked, about 35-45 min - depending on how red you like it!
- Half way through, check and glaze with liquid*
- Remove add a preferred garnish, and serve!