This is another great traditional Greek Lamb with Pasta recipe. There are many times I can recall having this dish served along side a greek salad and some nice freshly baked bread.
You’ll notice with this dish that it doesn’t take a lot of lamb to bring it together. In fact, it can be served with just one or two pieces of meat and the rest of your plate can be filled with pasta. You can make it a more wholesome meal by starting with a greek salad or adding a plate of olives along side of it.
Something else to keep in mind with this dish is that it is a great leftover dish. By that I mean, if you have cooked lamb leftover from the night before (chances are it’s still just as tasty), all you have to do is make the pasta piece in order to bring it together. Which ever way this meal ends up on your dinner table, you are sure to enjoy it. καλή όρεξη.
- 4 pounds of lamb cut into however many servings are needed
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 cups of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 pound of orzo pasta
- 6 1/3 cups of boiling water
- 5-7 of sliced Greek feta, 1 for each pice of lamb
- Place lamb in a roasting pan
- Add olive oil, tomatoes, onion, salt and pepper
- Roast for 2 hours at 375°F (or until done), turning meat half way
- While cooking begin orzo piece of dish
- Bring water to boil
- Add orzo and cook until al dente (15min)
- Drain orzo once cooked
- Place 1 scoop of orzo on plate and place 1 lamb piece on top
- Add slice of feta
- καλή όρεξη (kali orexi – enjoy your meal)!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g