If you are somewhat familiar with Greek cuisine, you may notice that it is a bit light on the breakfast side. It’s not because Greeks despise breakfast or anything, they just don’t really eat it.
With late night meals (not uncommon to sit for dinner at 9 or 10pm) and early rising for work, there isn’t always a need for it. And when the time does come to grab a snack, say around 10 or 11am, it’s things like spanakopita or tiropita that you’d find most people eating. I know, you may have thought Greek yogurt, as that’s a popular go-to here in the states, and one that Jane and I often have, but that is really reserved for dessert (topped with honey).
Therefore, Jane and I try, and sometimes succeed, in creating Greek inspired breakfast items. This one is not only a great breakfast style wrap, it is also pretty dang healthy. It provides a great source of protein and will keep you full all while supplying great energy so you can take on the day! Wow, that sounds like a commercial line (haha).
Seriously, it makes a great breakfast because it’s fast and taste delicious.
Give it a try, we hope you’ll like like!
Until next time,
- 6-7 egg whites, depending on size
- 14 oz package of turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 peppers, diced and seeds removed (we used Anaheim peppers, you can use your favorite).
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2-3 Multigrain tortillas depending on size of each warp
- Dice up peppers and olives.
- In an oiled pan over medium heat add peppers and olives and sauté for a few minutes.
- Next, add turkey and cook until it is done.
- While doing this, add egg whites to bowl and whisk with a fork.
- When turkey is cooked, add egg whites and stir occasionally.
- Cook until eggs are done, about 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place half of mixture (or desired amount) on warm tortilla. Sprinkle with feta, wrap, cut in half and put on plate.
We suggest warming up the tortillas.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g