Greek Charcoaled Cheese…who knew?
A very simple Greek appetizer that will make your mouth water. I normally make this appetizer while I’m outside on the grill cooking souvlaki.
One thing I love about making this is the memories it musters up. When I smell the cheese slowly cooking on the grill, I’m brought back to a time where I’m young and I’m watching my dad (Πατέρας :pa-te-ras) grill this dish on a sunny summer day. The distinct flavor the grill brings to this cheese is absolutely delectable and it’s best served with nice hard bread (i.e. think baguette)
If you don’t have a grill, you can improvise and cook it in a pan with olive oil.
- 1/2 inch thick piece of ladotyri or kefalotyri cheese, sub for your favorite hard cheese
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Coat cheese in olive oil.
- Place cheese on grill.
- Grill each side until golden brown.
- Remove and place on plate.
- Squeeze lemon over and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g