Your simple chicken dish. This was something I made when in a rush and didn’t know what else to cook. I had a package of chicken thighs in the fridge and a bag of red potatoes. My one pot wonder was brought to life with chicken broth and lemon juice. I was so proud of how this turned out, mainly because it took so little effort.
I noticed that this dish has the tendency to lack salt, so I made sure to add my fair share of sea salt and or I spruced everything up with the right amount of herbs and spices (optional). I put a lemon wedge on the plate so that any extra zest that was needed could be added at will. The rest is history.
Give it a try and let us know what you think!
καλή όρεξη! (enjoy your meal!)
Chicken With Lemon Sauce And Potatoes
Simple and easy authentic Greek chicken dinner
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned
- 5-7 red potatoes, cut in half (more if desired)
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp oregano
- pinch of rosemary
- olive oil for cooking
- 1 pint chicken stock
- In a large pan, heat some olive oil.
- Add chicken and cook until lightly browned (8-10min).
- Squeeze lemon over chicken and add oregano and rosemary.
- Add red potatoes around chicken.
- Add enough chicken broth to cover potatoes about half way (be sure to turn them half way through cooking).
- Cover and simmer and reduce for about 60min or until potatoes are soft.
- Plate and squeeze lemon and add a pinch of oregano over chicken and potatoes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Leave a Reply