Sizzle on the stove, bake in the oven, or should I just go all out and buy a deep frier? Fries are such a personal and satisfying guilty pleasure that I think it’s important you choose the option that’s best for you. Nay, perfect for you. At the moment that we decided to put these amazing potato fingers together, the oven called out to me. It was decided. Not to mention, I’m just a huge fan of oven baked potatoes!
It’s so great that we were able to recreate this feta fries recipe. Every Wednesday, Kenton and I eat at the food trucks by our work. “Food Truck Wednesday!” It’s quite fabulous actually. Did you know that food trucks are not the dinky, gross roach coaches that they used to be…or were labeled to be anyhow. They are gourmet trucks now with delicious concoctions that are reasonably priced and so very convenient. One of the trucks that we absolutely love is called Garlic Scape. They have the most delectable garlic feta fries that could ever be produced from something on four wheels. Holy mackerel! Sadly, this particular truck is rarely participating in this Wednesday lunch bonanza. The result? Make our own of course. We are never too shy to recreate something that we like or are intrigued by.
We’ve made a version of these feta fries before but this batch was extra crisp, extra perfect, and as I mentioned before, extra guilty delicious! In order to keep them all at the perfect temperature and make them the perfect golden color that we hoped for, we had to split up the batch. We put half in the toaster oven and half in the regular oven. They both came out looking quite similar…I was actually a little shocked. I love my little toaster oven. Such a nice go to when you aren’t ready to use the oven or more often than not, it isn’t preheated and ready for you to use it.
Piping hot fries right out of the oven, topped with feta, served immediately. Is there a better end to my night. Nope, I don’t think so. Kali Orexi!
- 5 Russet potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon parsley for garnish
- Sea salt and pepper to preference
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into desired shape. (steak fries, wedges, circles, etc.,).
- In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Mix until fries are well coated with oil and seasonings.
- Lay evenly on baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, remove from oven and flip fries over.
- Place back in oven and bake for additional 10 minutes (or until color/texture desired).
- Remove and place portion on dish, sprinkle with feta.
- Enjoy the feta fries!