This amazing appetizer fills the room with the aroma of garlic and urges your senses wake up. I had a great time making these because it is a bit of an art (albeit amateur) to carve out the slits in the top of the zucchini. It reminded me of carving a pumpkin, which is why I found it so fun to do. Once you get practice on the first one, the rest come easy. Making sure to cut the vegetable deep enough to fill it with the garlic mixture but not so deep that you cut right through is the most important part.
Once topped with the feta, you just inherently know it is going to taste amazing. After baking, these piping hot veggie delights are the perfect addition to any meal. I had them for lunch for two more days after making them! That’s how satisfying they were. Remember that the amount of garlic to stuff the zucchinis with is completely up to you. Don’t overwhelm your taste buds if they aren’t used to a strong garlic flavor. If you’re a garlic fan, go nuts!
Let us know what you think!
καλή όρεξη! (Enjoy your meal)
Zucchini Stuffed With Feta And Garlic
- 4 zucchinis
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- Cut the ends off the zucchini.
- Cut a slit down the middle of each zucchini (don't go all the way to the end nor all the way through) (see photo)
- Remove slit from each zucchini (where you'll stuff garlic and feta)
- In a bowl, mix together: garlic, oregano, feta, lemon juice, salt pepper, and olive oil.
- Add mixture to each slit on each zucchini.
- Place each zucchini in oven safe dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add 1/4 water to pan
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350F for 1hr to 1.5hrs or until soft.